Situation B: MY THERMOSTAT LINKS TO TH/TR/TH-TR. IF AN EXTRA is had by you CABLE
When your thermostat cables hook up to terminals marked Th, Tr, and Th-Tr, these are generally most most likely connecting to a fuel valve.
Nevertheless, it is important to locate the cables linking towards the gasoline valve and follow them to your 24VAC transformer for the heating gear to spot where your “C” connection would be. In the event that you need help with this, be sure to contact ecobee help.
Merely link the free cable into the typical connection point.
IF YOU HAVE GOT NO ADDITIONAL WIRES
If you don’t have any extra cables, you’ve got two choices:
- Run a wire that is additional your thermoregulator down to your gear
- Buy and install a Fast-Stat Common Maker
ALTERNATE SOLUTION: 24VAC TRANSFORMER that is PLUG-IN
Another solution is always to power the ecobee by having a outside 24VAC plug-in transformer.
This transformer may be connected to a wall surface, and will be wired the following:
- The 24VAC transformer cables would find-bride hook up to RC and C in the ecobee
- The 2 cables on your own old thermostat would connect with RH and W1 from the ecobee
NOTE: make sure the transformer is capable of 24V AC production ( maybe maybe maybe not DC output)
Situation C:MY THERMOSTAT LINKS TO T/T TERMINALS
When your thermostat cables connect with T/T terminals, remember that you will need an independent 24VAC transformer to power the ecobee. You can also need extra elements.
T/T connections frequently suggest an association to a computer device referred to as an Aquastat.
IF AN EXTRA is had by you CABLE
When you have a supplementary cable, you’ll need an isolation relay and an independent 24VAC transformer.
ecobee calls for an isolation relay by having a 24vac coil and Normally Open (N/O) associates.
IF YOU HAVE GOT NO EXTRA WIRES
When you have no additional wires, you will need both a Fast-Stat popular Maker and an independent transformer that is 24VAC
ALTERNATE SOLUTION: 24VAC PLUG-IN TRANSFORMER
A different would be to power the ecobee having an outside 24VAC plug-in transformer.
This transformer could be attached to a wall surface, and will be wired the following:
- The transformer that is 24VAC would connect with RC and C in the ecobee
- The 2 cables on the old thermostat would connect with RH and W1 in the ecobee
NOTE: Ensure the transformer can perform 24V AC output ( perhaps perhaps not DC production)
NOTE (2): Some T/T connections might not work reliably whenever linked straight to the Rh and W1 terminals for the ecobee. If so, a 24 VAC transformer and isolation relay regarding the gear part could be necessary (see details under “FOR THOSE WHO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL WIRE” above).
When you yourself have several thermostats managing your heat:
In the event your heat is managed by significantly more than one thermostat, your body most likely has area valves or an area control relay.
Please touch base to ecobee help aided by the after information in purchase to find out compatibility and appropriate installation directions:
- just exactly How numerous thermostats you have actually as a whole for the home heating
- Photos of this wiring at each thermostat
- Photos for the wiring at any area valves or area panels
- The make and model of every area valve and/or area panels
- The amount of additional cables which can be behind the wall surface at each thermostat
If you’re having trouble distinguishing your area valves or zone panels, some widely used brands for zone valves/zone control equipment consist of:
- Energy Kinetics
Being an Amazon Associate, ecobee earns from qualifying acquisitions