Running maps to SD card on Android os. Switching the storing place for map downloads
So that you can shop maps for a sdcard on the Android os product, it is strongly recommended to make use of Memory-Map variation 2.6.5 or later on. Touch Menu, Settings, Help/About to see the variation quantity.
Than the space it occupies before you proceed, please think carefully about whether the reliability of map storage is more important for you. SD Cards are a lot LESS DEPENDABLE than interior memory. Many individuals depend on Memory-Map for vital navigation that is outdoor therefore if dependability is very important to you personally, we strongly suggest storing your maps in interior memory.
- When you look at the Maps number, tap the selection option (three dots), Map storing.
- When you yourself have a appropriate facts setup, one of several the choices is outside facts.
- Once you have chosen this program, faucet My Online Maps and Maps every-where. The chart number now shows all of the online maps that you have got bought.
- Any maps you install now, is going to be added to the facts.
There isn’t any limitation to your measurements of the chart, if you have actually area from the card. Observe that switching from the External sdcard alternative won’t have any impact on maps you have previously established. a chart this is certainly partly installed in interior memory will still be installed to memory that is internal.
It is advisable to erase any maps which you have previously partially installed and then begin a copy that is fresh the facts.
Copying Maps from Computer
We try not to suggest copying maps to your sdcard should they could be downloaded from the Digital Map Store, as above. The software makes use of a fresh file structure designed designed for SD Cards, to ensure is the way that is best to get it done.
Then proceed as follows if you have some maps in the Memory-Map PC app that are not available for download:
- Initially, be sure the Map storing, exterior sdcard choice seems into the Map storing selection. If you don’t, you cannot utilize the sdcard, you could duplicate the maps to interior memory.
- Near the Memory-Map Android Os software
- Clear the Memory-Map every from the apps that is running (swipe within the house option, then swipe away the software, or hit and keep the energy key to power-off the device)
- Look at the measurements of the data. SD Cards are generally restricted to 4GB maximum file high high high quality.
Copying Maps from Computer to Internal Memory
- Link your phone towards the Computer by having a USB cable and select the possibility allowing file accessibility
- In Microsoft Microsoft Windows Explorer, start the device that is connected Memory-Map. This folder currently is out there if you have got exposed the application. Don’t develop a download that is brand new a new Memory-Map folder.
- Copy the files to the folder
- Disconnect your phone.
- After disconnecting the telephone, we advice power-cycling once again. Press-and-hold the energy option.
Copying Maps from Computer to Facts
- Mount the facts on your personal computer (either connect these devices to your Computer using the USB cable, and choose the option to get into data, or power-down your phone, eliminate the card and make use of an adaptor for connecting it towards the Computer)
- Produce a folder called install into the root folder for the sdcard.
- Produce a folder known as Memory-Map into the install folder.
- The folder brands must be registered precisely as shown above. You have to make use of top instance where shown, and a hyphen where shown. You have to delete it and start again if you want to change the capitalization.
- Copy the files for this folder
- In Windows explorer, right-click from the SD card and Eject. Unplug the telephone, or back place the card into the phone.
- Operate the Memory-Map application
- Touch the maps key when you look at the toolbar
- Touch Maps on Device and Maps Every-where. Your maps should can be found in the chart record (tap any arrows that are start each part, if they’re shut)
In the event that exterior sdcard choice will not come in the Map space selection, there might be a few reasons.
- The Card just isn’t formatted. Go directly to the Settings software, seek out storing, and work it.
- The card is established as “Internal”. In this situation, it really is utilized by the os as a expansion to your inner storage, with no unique activity is necessary to utilize it.
- Your product categorizes the card to be “removable”, rather than suited to permanent storage space of data by any applications. In this situation it is really not feasible for the Memory-Map app to make use of it.
We usually do not suggest copying maps between interior memory plus the facts. The software makes use of a unique structure for recently installed maps to get round the file size limit that is 4GB. In the event that you reach the file system limit if you have a partially downloaded map in the old format it will stop working.
NOTE: The information below pertains to Memory-Map Android os variation 2.6.2 or previously