Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Pupil funds and loans are meant for pupils who will be their studies at e.g. university university, college or vocational university. If you should be older than 20, you may make an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top secondary degree at Komvux (adult training university) or people senior school.
payday loan cash advance loan Kentucky Table of articles
- Information as a result of the Corona virus
- Measurements of funds and loans it is possible to get
- Needs and conditions
- Application, research payment and assurance
- Offer notification in the event that you become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the learning education loan
- Appealing against a determination by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The mortgage you have to pay off. It is possible to elect to use entirely for the grant, if you fail to desire to just just simply take out that loan. The mortgage has a reduced rate of interest and will not need any protection, and you’re in a position to repay it more than a period that is long. In 2020, the attention price is 0.16 %.
Information because of the Corona virus
Find out more about how exactly the Corona virus impact the learning pupil grants and loans from CSN.
Measurements of funds and loans you’ll get
How big the funds and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
- your rate of research (full-time or part-time)
- the amount of days you will be learning for
- how big is your revenue.
Other funds and loans as you are able to make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow additional money.
- When you yourself have custody of kiddies beneath the chronilogical age of 18, you can easily apply for additional youngster allowance.
- When you yourself have worked into the past and received a certain minimal earnings, you can easily make an application for a additional loan. You can easily get this at the time of the you turn 25 year.
- If you should be their studies at compulsory or upper additional degree and satisfy specific conditions, you could receive a heightened grant aspect in your student help. You could get this if you should be learning for a complementary academic programme leading up to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. Once you submit an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you’re eligible for the increased grant, which means you need not make an application for it.
- When you yourself have extra expenses related to your studies, you are able to in a few situations make an application for an extra loan. As an example, you may have charges for dual housing and for particular trips.
Should your earnings surpasses the earnings limitation
The earnings restriction temporarily eliminated during
Because of the Corona crisis the income restriction is temporarily eliminated during, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means your earnings during will perhaps perhaps perhaps not impact just how much pupil funds and loans you are able to get.
You may possibly get earnings as much as an amount that is certain your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. Should your earnings surpasses the earnings limitation, you aren’t eligible to the level that is same of and loans.
The earnings limitation is dependent on just just just how several weeks you are learning for and regardless if you are learning full-time or part-time. As an example, if you are likely to learning full-time with pupil funds and loans for 20 months in a calendar half-year, the income restriction is SEK 90 075. You can view your earnings limitation into the choice you can get from CSN.
Demands and conditions
Different needs and conditions should be pleased to enable you to definitely be eligible to student aid.
- The training you will be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You should be registered on your own courses.
- Your studies needs to be at the very least 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the least three days.
- You need to be underneath the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the you turn 47 year.
- May very well not get particular other advantages during the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for instance task help, sickness benefit and introduction benefit.
- You’ll just get pupil funds and loans for the amount that is limited of. The amount of time hinges on the scholarly training level that you are learning:
- University university, college or several other education that is post-secondary an optimum of 240 months
- Upper level that is secondary an optimum of 80 or 120 days, based on your past training
- Compulsory school degree: no more than 40, 80 or 100 days, according to your past training and just what you may be learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. Certain requirements credits that are regarding dependent on which program you will be learning.
- When you have unpaid yearly charges or needs for longer than one duration, may very well not get pupil funds and loan. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you are planning to review abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for foreign residents
You also need to satisfy special conditions in order to be entitled to Swedish student finance if you are a foreign citizen. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
When you have gotten a short-term residence permit through the Swedish Migration Agency as you have refugee status or comparable, you might be additionally frequently entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules use according to whether you’re a resident of a nation within or away from EU/EEA or Switzerland.