Login to yourUncubed account
Make Your Account
Signup for associated jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You can easily unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective is always to offer a person with a road to better health that is financial.
LendUp is really a economic technology startup situated in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection into the Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is for a mission to give you you aren’t a path to higher economic wellness. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are frequently limited and unfair, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. Here speedyloan.net/payday-loans-md is the very first problem LendUp attempted to re solve, by making use of our mixed expertise in computer pc software, information science, credit, and education, to the provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional financial loans which will help us further speed up our objective of supplying a person with a course to raised health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will likely be in charge of involved in close partnership with specific sections and get a cross practical groups to deliver appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its products.
- Advise company partners who’re focusing on brand new and existing services and services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising with regards to such items
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal services on federal and state customer banking and financing guidelines, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security guidelines.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle outside counsel, since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification demands, including getting and maintaining licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work issues, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as essential to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems linked to the economic solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer electronic banking, individuals in several re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the legislation, regulations pertaining to banking institutions and state licensed
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules linked to lending
- Capacity to balance working individually with little to no direction and dealing closely and collaboratively within a tiny appropriate group
- Power to interface efficiently along with known degrees of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable up to a fast-changing environment
- A solid company focus with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in an comparable setting) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience doing work in the re re payments room, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex economic services agreements
- Established solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Capacity to handle assignments that are multiple, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary dental and written interaction abilities and capability to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or authorized counsel that is in-house hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the company that is mission-driven like an aggressive income; very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s everything we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re devoted to a varied and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a meaningful and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and possess channels that are slack to anything from mu
LendUp is A equal possibility manager
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identity or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.